Department of Computer Science & Engineering
DTE Choice Code
Dr. Varsha Kiran Bhosale
Head of Department
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) was established in 2010 with the intent to provide quality education to young aspirants for their successful careers in software industry that meets the needs of Industry and society.The department had intake of 60 in 2010 and now the current intake for the undergraduate program is 120 with the introduction of new branch Artificial Intelligence and Data science. Both of these UG programs of the department are affiliated to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere
The department has a good combination of experienced and young faculties with strong commitment to the engineering education and professional ethic. The department has goal to get an approval as PG research Centre in upcoming years.
Department’s students are regularly placed in good companies. Our students are pursuing higher education in good universities The department encourages students to participate in various National and International level competitions, project exhibitions, hackathons, sports events and extra-curricular activities. Students have won awards in various competitions like Diplex, Avishkar,Rotrax. Additionally, the department helps students to secure internships at various Industries. The department is equipped with good infrastructure which consists of smart class rooms with Intelligent Interactive panel., well developed laboratories and learning software . Till date nine batches have graduated from department.
Short Term Goals:
- Improving in student’s placement.
- Encouraging faculty for Ph.D./research work.
- Providing guidance to students for appearing competitive examinations viz GATE, TOFEL, GRE.
- Providing training to non-teaching staff of the department.
- Emphasizing in Institute – Industry Liaison.
- Undertaking UG/PG Industry sponsored projects.
Long Term Goals:
- Undertaking consultancy activity for internal revenue generation.
- Implementation of project based learning.
- Establishing Center of excellence in the area of computer science and engineering.
To emerge as a prominent computer science and engineering center to produce quality professionals to meet industrial and societal need
The department is committed to imbibe and empower its faculty and aspiring engineers with:
- M1: To produce IT professionals with intellectual ability by imparting quality education.
- M2: To induce competency among the students by engaging them in requisite skills and aptitude.
- M3: To develop consciousness of societal and ethical needs in the field of computer science and engineering.